desktop icons

melbloch

Apr 16, 2013
To save me asking my young grandchildren, can someone please tell me how to add icons to my desktop as shortcuts. I have downloaded gmail and facebook but have to open them in a browser to get into my mail/homepage. Skype downloaded itself onto my desktop, as did office suite.
Tks - Melanie:confused:

Welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you actually installed those apps rather than just downloading them. On any of your home screens there should be 6 little squares in the upper right-hand corner, that's called the app drawer. Those squares and it will take you to a list of all your apps and if you long press any of those icons it will allow you to drag it to a home screen.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you actually installed those apps rather than just downloading them. On any of your home screens there should be 6 little squares in the upper right-hand corner, that's called the app drawer. Those squares and it will take you to a list of all your apps and if you long press any of those icons it will allow you to drag it to a home screen.

I've been using the settings icon (6 little squares), but besides that on the actual desktop there is a skype and officesuite icon. Thought I could put the shortcuts here as well. (When I press the lock I see the gmail icon in the round circle, so that is not the problem).

Another question - when I receive an email in Hebrew and want to reply in Hebrew (or another foreign language), do I have to go back to the display settings to change the keyboard to Hebew? Are there any options to display a dual-language keyboard? Our main computer has an English/Hebrew keyboard.

Have to get use to there not being a right mouse button to press!

Tks - Melanie

I've been using the settings icon (6 little squares), but besides that on the actual desktop there is a skype and officesuite icon. Thought I could put the shortcuts here as well. (When I press the lock I see the gmail icon in the round circle, so that is not the problem).

I must be missing something as I can't follow what you see or want to see that isn't happening.

On the keyboard I don't think there are any that would not require changing the input manually.

On the green home page, I want to see the various icons - I can see skype and officesuite, also facebook but not gmail. Have to press the 6 little squares before I get the gmail icon showing.
Thought so, re the language settings.
Tks!

On the green home page, I want to see the various icons - I can see skype and officesuite, also facebook but not gmail. Have to press the 6 little squares before I get the gmail icon showing.
Thought so, re the language settings.
Tks!

I think/thought I covered that in my first post. Evidently it got lost.;)
Long press the G-Mail app icon in the app drawer and you can drag it to any home screen.

Back