Idea USA tablet

bfisher

Dec 25, 2011
Trying to access market and keep getting ....It appears your Internet connection is not available. How can it be fixed.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Do you have other internet connections like your browser working?

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

fnfilthy

Dec 27, 2011
Trying to access market and keep getting ....It appears your Internet connection is not available. How can it be fixed.

Have you figured anything out? I am going nuts. I got two of these things for my children and I am getting the same thing. So...

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've ensured I have a connection via the browser and I can even check out each of the applications in the Marketplace, I just cant download them or I get the same message "It appears your Internet connection is not available". I have even connected via ethernet cable (instead of WiFi), and nothing.

Also, if anyone knows of a Manufacturer website, that would be a lot of help. I have google like crazy to find "iDea USA" and also the listed manufacturer that Fry's lists "China Mart Los Angeles LLC" but that doesn't give me anything.

I realize it's a cheapie and I got the quality that I'm paying for, but it just seems like a settings or software problem, and I can't believe that the product would have been released if it wasn't able to download from the marketplace.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
These gray market Chinese shanzhai tablets do not have Google certification. They lack access to the genuine Google market. They're sold with older versions of Android. They lack any real tech support. If you're lucky, the device has picked up a following in the dev/hack community, so community tech support is available.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

dalacrmx

Dec 15, 2011
Have you figured anything out? I am going nuts. I got two of these things for my children and I am getting the same thing. So...

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've ensured I have a connection via the browser and I can even check out each of the applications in the Marketplace, I just cant download them or I get the same message "It appears your Internet connection is not available". I have even connected via ethernet cable (instead of WiFi), and nothing.

Also, if anyone knows of a Manufacturer website, that would be a lot of help. I have google like crazy to find "iDea USA" and also the listed manufacturer that Fry's lists "China Mart Los Angeles LLC" but that doesn't give me anything.

I realize it's a cheapie and I got the quality that I'm paying for, but it just seems like a settings or software problem, and I can't believe that the product would have been released if it wasn't able to download from the marketplace.

Try this link, products - ideausapage you can download some apps but the market wont work try this link Applanet and you can search some good apps in here. or go the best way and root your pad an try some new firmware.

cupcake1234

Jan 23, 2012

yes you are right cheap was the word my daughter received it for the holidays .... i've called fry's electronic store today and they gave me the 310-number dont have it infront of me but will update untill then call fry's .. but she gave me a ext with the number with out the ext.. i dont think you can reach any one ... a lady did answer the phone told me that i would have to send the unit back and they would replace it but need to send a email to track the order in their system .. to [email protected] ...
:cool::confused:

cupcake1234

Jan 23, 2012
to all those please call fry's they have the number to the supplier for the idea usa tablet ... and the number is a 310- number they should also give you a ext.. with the number so that you can reach the customer care rep... ithey will ask you to send a email so they can track the ticket ...

ange11love

Jan 23, 2012
yes you are right cheap was the word my daughter received it for the holidays .... i've called fry's electronic store today and they gave me the 310-number dont have it infront of me but will update untill then call fry's .. but she gave me a ext with the number with out the ext.. i dont think you can reach any one ... a lady did answer the phone told me that i would have to send the unit back and they would replace it but need to send a email to track the order in their system .. to [email protected] ...

Feel same way however i have managed to get there website ideausa.us for troubleshooting i hope ths helps.

krmatt

Feb 15, 2012
did you establish a synch of your accounts? this may be the problem
go to settings
accounts and synch
if google is not there, then click add account
Add the google account. This will allow Google to see the tablet and have them connect.

Next thing, download their User manual, and go through the process step by step..

These products are actually very good.. if people remember they are NOT computers, they are tablets that are for fun, light production use.. and for networking purposes.. if limited to that, they actually are able to do more than Ipad for Much less the
cost..

ideaman

Feb 19, 2012
I suppose like any product you might buy you get some that work and others that do not. I have two of the Idea 10.1 tables I bought from Fry's. They work fantastic. Although one of them I did have some difficulty in getting the wi-fi to set up correctly. It took about 5 try's but it took and now it always recognizes it.

Other than that, everything works fantastic. The WiFi distance is a little to be desired as it goes out of range in about 25 feet. Web browsing, email, facebook, etc. are super fast. The only real complaint is the batter only lasts maybe 4 hours. I think they could have done better in this area. But for around $140 who can complain?

I did find by searching for different aps both on the pad and internet I could find pretty much anything I wanted. I will need to figure out how to expand the memory. It says it is expandable to 32GB.

Found their website "ideausa.us" Address and phone with extension below.

5250 W. Century Blvd., 7th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90045
Tel:+1-310-410-8888x8854

Last edited:

sanjosemom

May 20, 2012
I just purchased the IdeaUSA 10.1 Android Tablet on sale at Fry's. The manual is minimal, to say the least. I did find a 32 page manual online at IdeaUSA website that has been very helpful to me who knows nothing about android. I am new to this but so far, so good. Glad I found this forum.

GeneAum

May 21, 2012
I just purchased the IdeaUSA 10.1 Android Tablet on sale at Fry's. The manual is minimal, to say the least. I did find a 32 page manual online at IdeaUSA website that has been very helpful to me who knows nothing about android. I am new to this but so far, so good. Glad I found this forum.

Just purchased one of the Fry's Idea USA. For the most part everything works. The only only bugger is I can't update the ES File Manager. The App Manager reports a signature issue and to uninstall the current version before installing new. However, the App Manager will not uninstall the current version (and it's not running in the background).

Anyone else having problems installing updates? Was able to update the Kindle App, but that's about it.

GA