Vizio Update Service not working

rssmith1983

Sep 17, 2012
I have a VTAB1008 running android 2.XX which will not let me use the VIZIO Update Service under "About Tablet" to update the device/SW. When i attempt to update using the service it kicks the error ' Sub-system has not been initialized, do you want to try again? ' And asks me to restart. I've restarted multiple times and have done a factory reset 2 ways.

Anyone have suggestions?

A shot in the dark here but try this. Go to settings - apps - all. Find CMClient and tap it then tell it to clear cache, force stop and restart your tab. Do the same thing for DMClient then try checking for the update again.

I don't have a CMClient or DMClient listed under apps/manage/all.
I'm running Android 2.3.2 and want to upgrade 3.2.X. I have an HP touchpad which i have rooted and run Cynogenmod and update manually, I would love to hack this VTAB and run my own versions but i can't find any information or files to support my wants.

I don't have a CMClient or DMClient listed under apps/manage/all.
I'm running Android 2.3.2 and want to upgrade 3.2.X. I have an HP touchpad which i have rooted and run Cynogenmod and update manually, I would love to hack this VTAB and run my own versions but i can't find any information or files to support my wants.

I guess I can't remember back to 2.3.2. ;)

It is a shame Vizio is providing such slim support for their tablets. Wish I could be more help.

Back