tracking me

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi all,
I'm not really sure where to start with this, but here goes.
I go for long walks in the woods; and now that I'm getttng old(er) :eek: my wife is concerned that I may be injured, attacked by wolves, eaten by a bear, and would like to be able to find my remains so that she can give me a proper burial;). I have an iPhone 6, and an even older Moto G (ist gen), which can connected to WiFi, but no phone plan.
So, the question is, can either of these be used to track me? If not, does anyone have any ideas wrt to an (inexpensive) way of doing so?
Any help is appreciated.
..... john

Possibly by the government but not by your wife. If she has a current iPhone invest in an Apple Airtag. She'll be able to track you with every step.

Moved to off topic discussion.

Possibly by the government but not by your wife. If she has a current iPhone invest in an Apple Airtag. She'll be able to track you with every step.

Moved to off topic discussion.
Hi Traveller,
She has a 2 year old iPad. How much would the Apple Airtag cost, roughly?
"I bake motherboards" I like it. I've baked a few in my time:(.
..... john
P.S. Thanks for moving it. I didn't know where to post it.

Hi Traveller,
She has a 2 year old iPad. How much would the Apple Airtag cost, roughly?
"I bake motherboards" I like it. I've baked a few in my time:(.
..... john
P.S. Thanks for moving it. I didn't know where to post it.
$40

Hey John, I understand your concern about safety during your walks. Your iPhone 6 can use WiFi for tracking via apps, but it's not ideal without cellular service.

Hi jacobs,
Thanks for replying. Yes, I'm' getting that message too, that it's not much good without a cell plan; but even
then I'm not sure how far it's range would be. I 'think' it depends on how far I am from the nearest tower.
...... john

Back