Advice: Looking for a lock screen app with contact info for my android tablet

ThinkingBrian

May 3, 2012
I currently own an Acer Iconia Tab A100 running Android 4.0: ICS and sometimes I take the tablet out of the house with me. But I needs some advice, I am looking for an app that can lock my tablet (password or face to unlock), have a lock screen with contact info on it so just in case I lose the tablet and someone finds it, I might actually get it back. Does anyone know a good app.

I would think the Iconia should have that function as part of Android as I know my ASUS tablet does and I don't think it was a value add. Try going to settings - security and owner info. If it's there that's the place to enter what will appear on the lock screen. I'm pretty certain it should be there.

I would think the Iconia should have that function as part of Android as I know my ASUS tablet does and I don't think it was a value add. Try going to settings - security and owner info. If it's there that's the place to enter what will appear on the lock screen. I'm pretty certain it should be there.

Thank you, I didn't know that my Acer tablet even had a lock screen with the contact info option. I even like the option of PIN, Pattern or Password. I will also check my fathers Toshiba Thrive and see if that option is available for him too. I believe everyone should enable this option, you know when you will lose you tablet.

Thanks leeshor.....great info.....

Do you happen to know how I could make the text larger?......it looks awfully small on my Acer a500 10" screen.....it displays directly beneath the clock & you really have to look close to even notice that it is there.....:).....

I'm afraid that's going to be as good as it gets There should be a font adj. in settings but it would affect the entire tablet. Not a good option.

Yes, I see its a choice of large text or nothing.....:(.....

Its too bad.....it probably looks fine on the small screen of a phone but sure doesn't do much for the larger tablet screen....

Thanks for your help.....I wasn't aware that setting was available to us....

FlutteringBy

Back