iPhone SE (ist gen) "iPhone Locked to Owner"

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi all,
I bought this at a used items store. I thought that restoring to the factory settings would allow me to use it, but apparently not;
it appears that it's locked to the owner via the iCloud. I' Also, we have a couple of iPads here, and I'm wondering if we could somehow use these
accounts to get the thing working?
Any help is appreciated.
.... john

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If the iPhone is iCloud locked you're basically screwed. Unlike Android, iCloud locks are virtually impossible to bypass without 3rd party tools. Using the accounts on the other devices to try and unlock will not work.

You need to know the username and password to get past the iCloud lock.

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Traveller,
Thanks for replying. Since I posted this message I went to iCloudUnlock 🥇 #1 Icloud Bypass Tool – iCloud Activation Lock Bypass service for all Apple Devices
where I entered my IMEI number, and it did something on the phone (I'm sure, but you would probably understand what, I don't);
but I do now have some access to the phone's menus, which allows me to change certain functions; but to be honest, many of the terms used
are difficult to understand, so I haven't figured out how, or if, I can access the camera, which is mostly what I'm interested in.
Here's a couple of pictures. Please let me know if you have any further thoughts on this.
Thanks again ....... john
20231210_100808.jpg
20231210_100943.jpg

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Even I couldn't tell you. I have an iCloud locked 2nd Gen iPad, and on that device the bypass allows me to access the launcher and the apps. It also runs iOS 9.3.5, which is nearly a decade out of date.

In general, the bypass will not allow you to disable the "find my" function, which is what you need to disable the lock. Only knowing the account info will allow that. It seems that the bypass in your case also does not allow access to the launcher.