What Rom or Nooter are you currently using?

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
@bkcdroid
Thanks for the clarity. I have been happy with FROYO on my phone and kyros, so I might go that route. I don't think even after it gets developed I will go with HC, I played with it on a XOOM and I don't think I would like it on a smaller screen.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
CM7 n12
1.1ghz

So far everything except for My Apps in the Market has worked. The jumpy wi-fi is gone and after flashing n12 I gained an hour of battery life ;).

I was exceptionally sloppy flashing n11 and learned my lesson.

I've got to say the latest CM7 builds are dynamite. I picked up the trick to switch the DolphinHD user agent to Desktop and now Youtube and Vimeo work. A bit jumpy but watchable.

The trick for me with the first issue of MyApps was to change lcd_density to 161. I was not able to get the trick for YouTube in Dolphin to work for me, though I only tried once.

Back on topic though:

My NOOKcolor ----> CM7 nightly 12 overclocked to 1.1gHz
Wife's NOOKColor--> Stock 1.0.1 - sideloaded 1.1.0 overclocked to 1.1gHz
G1 ---------------> CM6.1 stable release

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
[ROM] Customized Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Image for SDcard Updated (2/25)
Sandisk 8gb class 4 with 1.1 ghz kernal adobe flash player 10.1.120.1

[ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted [UPDATED to r2] with 1.1 ghz kernal
Sandisk 16 gb class 4 storage and backup card

Android 3.0 Honeycomb Preview Image v04 - 2/7/2011 on sd card
Sandisk 4 gb class just loaded the image nothing else done yet

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
The wifi sleep settings, hit menu when in wireless settings. Never sleep doesn't work though. I will have to try some of these other methods.

Phiremod beta2 is in the xda thread with other phiremod roms and technical section here I believe.

Those running cm7 or nookie froyo does flash, market and wifi work?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I thought I would start this thread so we could get a feel for where everyone is at. Please let us know what you are running and what works and what doesn't work for you.

I am running...
-phiremod beta2 custom rom
-1.1ghz kernel

Everything basically works...
-youtube
-flash
-nintendo 64 emulator
-email
-talk
-launchers
And more

Problems....
-Have to toggle wifi off and on after sleep
-black on black menu items
-have to turn screen off then on quickly to improve touch responsiveness.
-shutsdown at sleep sometimes

sent from my rooted nook color

I'm just going to copy your opening post Steve since this is what I run and you description is spot on. No more, no less.

I would add the problems listed are totally livable, I don't have a touch responsiveness issue and the wifi issue is fixable by using wake take, works great, all should use or look into if your wifi has issues staying up.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
+1 what they said. Totally content with phiremod until the kink s get worked out on cm or hc.

Rick what is wake take?

Last edited:

Vichon

Feb 8, 2011
Moved off Phiremod v4 to Nokie Froyo 0.6.8 @ 1.1 GHz.

So far, the only issues are the Market My App shows my apps, but can't seem to decide who/what I am - so Flash didn't even get offered, but so far everything else does. Also, still have Video playback issues (audio/video sync).

It seems more stable than V4, and so far I like it.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks Rico! I'm not really interested in killing a battery charge that fast! I thought perhaps there was a policy setting that was preventing the wifi from turning on upon wake - so, for now, quick settings on pulldown menu and toggle wifi works, it would just be nice if that was scripted instead of a manual process :)

bkcdroid

It doesn't affect your battery life much at all, almost none matter of fact. The author of that nookDev post was being proactive with his/her comment on "beware of impact of battery life". He/she is referencing two apps that can be configured to keep apps such as music and video players on regardless of if the screen is off or not. Most of us NC owners use the "wake timer" app simply to keep the wifi on at all times. If you turn off your players or are using Task Killer app, which most of us do, there is no cause to worry about some app staying on and draining your battery. Hope that make things clearer.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
Running CM7 Nightlies overclocked and lovin it! Took me a while to change from 2.1... but now I'm gld I did
Tried froyo but wasn't impressed, HC is fun for a couple of hours

Sent from my Rooted NC using Android Tablet Forum App

esuuuu09

Feb 16, 2011
I'm just going to copy your opening post Steve since this is what I run and you description is spot on. No more, no less.

I would add the problems listed are totally livable, I don't have a touch responsiveness issue and the wifi issue is fixable by using wake take, works great, all should use or look into if your wifi has issues staying up.

CM7 Nightly 12 w/ OC 1.1ghz kernal. Loving it. I stayed with rooted stock 1.1 for awhile and then played around with nookie froyo 6.7 which i was too laggy to me. Just went through and flashed CM7 tonight and i am absolutely loving it. Agree with everyone above.

patmw123

Jan 30, 2011
According to everyone's signature, im assuming that dalingrins overclock kernel is the most popular but im confused as to whether I need to download the sd version or the emmc version. If my nook for some reason doesn't like dalingrins, what are some other good kernels compatible with phiremod froyo?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
According to everyone's signature, im assuming that dalingrins overclock kernel is the most popular but im confused as to whether I need to download the sd version or the emmc version. If my nook for some reason doesn't like dalingrins, what are some other good kernels compatible with phiremod froyo?
teh sd/emmc is easy - what is your operating system? are you running a rom from the sd card - use the sd version; if you flashed phiremod to the internal eMMC (most likely) - use the emmc version.

there are others, i just don't know any that have kept up with the changes so far... at least none that post on here or xda.

patmw123

Jan 30, 2011
teh sd/emmc is easy - what is your operating system? are you running a rom from the sd card - use the sd version; if you flashed phiremod to the internal eMMC (most likely) - use the emmc version.

there are others, i just don't know any that have kept up with the changes so far... at least none that post on here or xda.

Thanks for the help. As Steve said in another thread (i don't remember which thread) I had to install flash player a few times to get it to work, but I have to say that I am very pleased with the performance boost. Thanks again.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for the input everyone! Keep in coming. I think this thread will be helpful for people trying to figure out what to run. I am going to stick with phiremod beta 2 for now since market, flash works and it still seems like the most functional for me. I will add wake timer to fix wifi.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk