[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

I test it and HW video decoding now works ..it plays HD ;) but now old bug again..home button does not work..you probably forget something or use some older build

fixed in v2, wpa_supplicant.conf also missed

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading cm-9-20121214-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip
is netflix a online stream thing? coz its handled somewhere else and its way harder to fix

I tested v2 and it works great, but still no hw video in mx player and netflix freezes while playing but stays responsive. i get sound for one second and black screen then it stops. with cm10 i had sound but no picture, just black screen but it was playing. and yes netflix is online streaming thing. im not sure if it is avaiable in your country but let me know and i can organize one month free account for you if you need it for testing ;-) should work if you can use different dns in your network. oh yeah one more thing wifi signal indicator stays grey and doesnt show signal strength but that is just small detail and doesnt really bother me

winston_wolf said:
I tested v2 and it works great, but still no hw video in mx player and netflix freezes while playing but stays responsive. i get sound for one second and black screen then it stops. with cm10 i had sound but no picture, just black screen but it was playing. and yes netflix is online streaming thing. im not sure if it is avaiable in your country but let me know and i can organize one month free account for you if you need it for testing ;-) should work if you can use different dns in your network. oh yeah one more thing wifi signal indicator stays grey and doesnt show signal strength but that is just small detail and doesnt really bother me

Did you do full wipe..mine s7 freezes completly from time to time (that old CM9 was fully stable) and almost alway when it is sleping
I have hw decoding in mx player (maybe you did not option in settings) and it works in continios play but if you try to jump try video it will sometimes fail (in you tube also) ..probably dont have enough baffer memory.
Edit: I try wiping bit the same ..when tablet goes to sleep it want wake up.

Last edited:
Did you do full wipe..mine s7 freezes completly from time to time (that old CM9 was fully stable) and almost alway when it is sleping
I have hw decoding in mx player (maybe you did not option in settings) and it works in continios play but if you try to jump try video it will sometimes fail (in you tube also) ..probably dont have enough baffer memory.
Edit: I try wiping bit the same ..when tablet goes to sleep it want wake up.

Full wipe done.
Mine didn't freeze at all just netflix and sometimes youtube, no problem with sleep, battery life is good but with cm10 i think it was still better, every app I tried works, unlike in CM10 but that's JB so not every app is compatible yet.

Like I said my biggest problem is with netflix since that was the most often used app by me. MXplayer plays in hw mode but only from certain websites with "educational" ^^ videos (mp4), will not play in hw mode "playing god" in avi for example.

Full wipe done.
Mine didn't freeze at all just netflix and sometimes youtube, no problem with sleep, battery life is good but with cm10 i think it was still better, every app I tried works, unlike in CM10 but that's JB so not every app is compatible yet.

Like I said my biggest problem is with netflix since that was the most often used app by me. MXplayer plays in hw mode but only from certain websites with "educational" ^^ videos (mp4), will not play in hw mode "playing god" in avi for example.

Andreno 200 chip does not suport xvid,divx in hw mode ..so you wound not play it in hw mode and on stock rom... There is no netfix outside US but IMDB app plays 720p videos no probem..do not why netflix is so special..i have some local app for playing cable tv chanels on android devices and it work and streams perfect.

Andreno 200 chip does not suport xvid,divx in hw mode ..so you wound not play it in hw mode and on stock rom... There is no netfix outside US but IMDB app plays 720p videos no probem..do not why netflix is so special..i have some local app for playing cable tv chanels on android devices and it work and streams perfect.

I'm just back on stock rom and it plays the same movie in hw mode. Netflix is available outside us and there is a way to watch it anywhere in the world. Why is so special? It isn't. It's just convienient with something like 14000 TV shows and movies available without breaks and commercials and like I said it is the most used app by me. I don't really care about hw mode in mxplayer for example because it plays videos just fine in sw the only thing is I read somewhere that black screen in netflix has something to do with hw accel.

Like i said before asturel has done great job bringing cm9 and cm10 to s7 and they work very good. The only thing stopping me using it full time is netflix incompatibility which for some won't be an issue at all.

i just want to give developer my support for making this ROM-s... thank you man for keeping our S7 alive and interesting... good work! :)

I'm just back on stock rom and it plays the same movie in hw mode. Netflix is available outside us and there is a way to watch it anywhere in the world. Why is so special? It isn't. It's just convienient with something like 14000 TV shows and movies available without breaks and commercials and like I said it is the most used app by me. I don't really care about hw mode in mxplayer for example because it plays videos just fine in sw the only thing is I read somewhere that black screen in netflix has something to do with hw accel.

Like i said before asturel has done great job bringing cm9 and cm10 to s7 and they work very good. The only thing stopping me using it full time is netflix incompatibility which for some won't be an issue at all.

I sad is special becuse i sad imdb works (and plays in 720p to) ,i have android app for cable programs (witch i am sucribied) and it works 2 .
And i have samsung galaxu player 5.0 and on xda there is CM9 (stock is gingerbread) and it has HW acceleration but only app that does not work is Netflix also..so i sad that app is special ,it not written good..if youtube work why netflix want..both are for streaming videos.

hey asturel,can you modify or port rom from device with similar chipset like HTC HD2? ...i have HD2 and IDEOS S7-201u Slim and i can test if you can do something about it... its just an idea but i dont know anything about developing roms so thats why i ask you :) ...i can provide you links for HD2 roms like Paranoid,AOSP and similar...

this is chipset comparison,on left is for IDEOS S7-201u and on right is HTC HD2:

ChipsetQualcomm QSD8X50 SnapdragonQualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon
CPU1 GHz Scorpion1 GHz Scorpion
GPUAdreno 200 Adreno 200

i hope that this is posible to do and i thank you for your work so far... cheers :)

hey asturel,can you modify or port rom from device with similar chipset like HTC HD2? ...i have HD2 and IDEOS S7-201u Slim and i can test if you can do something about it... its just an idea but i dont know anything about developing roms so thats why i ask you :) ...i can provide you links for HD2 roms like Paranoid,AOSP and similar...

this is chipset comparison,on left is for IDEOS S7-201u and on right is HTC HD2:

ChipsetQualcomm QSD8X50 SnapdragonQualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon
CPU1 GHz Scorpion1 GHz Scorpion
GPUAdreno 200Adreno 200

i hope that this is posible to do and i thank you for your work so far... cheers :)

i dont get what u want

made cm10.1 to boot, but there some issue with the touchscreen what i need to fix before i could do anything :D

i dont get what u want

made cm10.1 to boot, but there some issue with the touchscreen what i need to fix before i could do anything :D

HD2 roms have better drivers for GPU and they have hardware acceleration so system is more fluid and snappier and i think that you can use kernel from HD2 roms to try and enable camera... its just a sugestion and an idea,i dont mean to ofend you or make you to do something that you dont wanna do... :) ...just trying to contribute and help somehow :) ...if you need someone to test roms just send me link for download,my S7 is ready for experiments and im flashing addict so bring it on! :D :D :D ...cheers and greets from Serbia :)

Back