[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

cm10.1 (4.2) i didnt tested it (it requires new recovery and full wipe ('coz the multiuser thing)), probably many thing is broken (?)
- ril (forget patching..)
- no hardware keys (for sure)

Anyone could try the latest 4.2 ROMs yet? I tried to flash it with the new recovery (it says v6.0.1.9 for me), tried the 1129 and the 1130 ones and they won't boot up for me. I wiped the cache, dalvik cache, did a factory/data reset too, but after the Ideos logo, the cyanogenmod logo doesn't even show up for me. What am I doing wrong?

I am having problems with my wifi and restarts from time to time under cm-10-20121108-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel . what is your most stable version? or would you recommend other OS? Thanks!

Will S7 Slim run with http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1837863?
Now I am using the latest linaro ROM (cm-10-20121128-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip), and it just works fine for me, give it a try.

Anyone could try the latest 4.2 ROMs yet? I tried to flash it with the new recovery (it says v6.0.1.9 for me), tried the 1129 and the 1130 ones and they won't boot up for me. I wiped the cache, dalvik cache, did a factory/data reset too, but after the Ideos logo, the cyanogenmod logo doesn't even show up for me. What am I doing wrong?

Now I am using the latest linaro ROM (cm-10-20121128-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip), and it just works fine for me, give it a try.

Same here. Does not boot :(

no, huawei didnt released the new kernel source where its fixed. you can ask for it from them. i have tried once and got an human droid auto WTF reply, so i gave up. i also tried few things (delay between powering on the dsp and adjust the volume but no luck) but im out of ideas.

so that is how i broke my left speakers, few weeks ago you did not even answer my question how my left speaker quit giving me sound. so i got clues now that how it broken. you should chage the dsp and play it 75% from maximum. or your s7 slim will go half deaf like mine. i repaired it to the svc center then i switch back to the custom rom and play it low.

is it really advisable to wipe the cache, and dalvik cache and factory reset when you update CM10 (e.g. from 1128 to 1201)?

is it really advisable to wipe the cache, and dalvik cache and factory reset when you update CM10 (e.g. from 1128 to 1201)?
no

added zram (compcache) to the latest linaro (default 30%, so +110MB ram) it can be up to 50% via settings. (im using atm with 50%, so it'll gives +200MB ram), makes the device a bit snappien when more apps running

p.s. sorry for the 4.2 rls, honestly, i didnt installed (and i didnt thought that it wont boot), i just compiled, to see what needs to be modified, its still in very early state, many patches didnt applied (which was in cm10)

I know @dzonikg is probably going to yell at me but I swear I have ready every post in this thread at least 3 times. Can someone with a clearer head then I please pull out, distill, and simplify the process, pieces, and parts to get to CM9 (as a start) with all the appropriate pieces and parts? There are so many distractions, sidebars, and off topic information in this thread that it is not clear to me. Here is the basic question. Out of all the ROMs, patches, managers, packages, etc. mentioned in this thread, which combination is the most stable and what are the specific steps to get there from a stock S7 Slim? Perhaps just a "How To Get To CM9" thread as this thread continues on with CM10, etc. Please don't yell at me @dzonikg, I know how to flash, I'm just looking for some guidance and clarification on the clutter that this thread has become. BTW, Thanks @asturel for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

I decided to go from CM10 to CM9 since it is more stable especially with the wifi and it has not crashed so far for me. you can download the latest cm9 here

I had to let go of the more features of cm10 since my s7 is customized to not use sim cards or mobile networks (landline only)

asturel said:
no

added zram (compcache) to the latest linaro (default 30%, so +110MB ram) it can be up to 50% via settings. (im using atm with 50%, so it'll gives +200MB ram), makes the device a bit snappien when more apps running

p.s. sorry for the 4.2 rls, honestly, i didnt installed (and i didnt thought that it wont boot), i just compiled, to see what needs to be modified, its still in very early state, many patches didnt applied (which was in cm10)

zram only slows system in S7 slim because of horrible S7 io performanse

Hello!
I use the firmware from 8.11 СM10. it is the most stable of all the firmware. thanks for the work done. When connecting a headset MW600, the A2DP connection is missing, how to fix it?

Hello!
I use the firmware from 8.11 СM10. it is the most stable of all the firmware. thanks for the work done. When connecting a headset MW600, the A2DP connection is missing, how to fix it?

8.11? i don't see anything 8.11 CM10 can you give me a direct link to that version? that is if it is still available.. thanks!

Back